ESO Crafting Guides, Reference Charts, Tips and Hints:
The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting System truly offers players a great variety of choices and options. Whether you’re going to be a master crafter or you just want to have some helpful buffs as you play, you’ll find exactly what fits your Personal style.
Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Guides:
What you’ll notice about ESO crafting is the different skills offered at varying levels. So, if you just want to craft a few things and not really make it your main focus, you have many choices. Or, say you want to invest the time into making and building intricate items from raw materials, you can do that and it will be worthwhile. Obviously, each craft is different. Provisioners find recipes and ingredients all over Tamriel, and they can cook or create drinks as long as they have a recipe and the corresponding ingredients. Enchanters and alchemists will need to experiment a little more, discovering the traits of ingredients or the meanings of runestones. Finally, smiths (the most complex) can create weapons and armor, learn different racial styles, discover secret crafting stations that impart set bonuses, deconstruct items to learn new traits, improve item quality with boosters only they can obtain, and make tons of decisions about the items they craft. No matter how invested you are in ESO crafting, there’s something for you. Each crafting profession has its own skill tree that is used to enhance and alter the craft. Below are guides, tips and skills for each craft and their ranks.
Get the hottest and most comprehensive crafting guides FREE! Mastery’s updated, easy-to-use guides for all 6 professions come as a FREE bonus when you get the Mastery Gold Guide!
Click your profession below, the individual crafting pages contain additional up-to-date Information as well as video guides!
|Alchemy Guide||Blacksmith Guide||Clothier Guide|
|Enchanting Guide||Provisioning Guide||Woodworking Guide|
Basic Alchemy Tips and Guide
Extremely High Profits!
Used in the creation of potions and beneficial consumable items. These can raise stats, increase duration of positive effects, and give your character abilities it may not have had (such as increased invisibility). People are going to need lots of potions! There are many great potions for PvE & PVP and people will always need them. With the correct skills in alchemy maxed, you will be able to make several potions at the same time!
Make sure your build is optimized!
Gathering solvents and reagents
Reagent Plants are used in the creation of potions and are found throughout Tamriel. Reagent plants can actually be found in all zones! This means you can find the same Reagent Plants in your low level zone and your higher level zones as well! They are categorized into two sections: Leafy (grassy areas, hilly areas, around trees), and Fungal (rocks, caves, near water)
List of reagents:
- Blessed Thistle
- Blue Entoloma
- Corn Flower
- Emetic Russula
- Imp Stool
- Lady’s Smock
- Luminous Russula
- Mountain Flower
- Namira’s Rot
- Violet Coprinus
- Water Hyacinth
- White Cap
List of waters:
Creating potions requires at least two Reagent Plants and a solvent. The Solvent controls the level and potency of the potion, while the plants control what kind of potion you create. Not all combinations of herbs and solvents will work together and you must discover which combinations will create a potion and what each reagents properties are. Mixing reagents and solvents together, successfully crafted potions will yield the properties of each reagent and record them in your crafting interface. Each reagent can have up to four properties to be combined for various effects. The skills for Alchemy that you can place points in to enhance the craft include Solvent Proficiency which is the only required skill to raise alchemy to maximum level. However there are many other skills that improve and enhance the profession!
|Laboratory Use:Use of up to 3 Reagents while mixing Potions||
Reduces negative effect in potions 50% Rank 2 80% Rank 3 100%
Rank 1: Potion effects last 10% 20% 30% longer
Rank 1: 1 extra potion per crafting attempt.
Rank 1: See reagents from 20 meters away
Rank 1 Natural Water level 3 potions
Helpful Crafting Tips!
- Eat Your Reagents – Eating will allow you to uncover the first trait of that reagent and gain inspiration. You only need to eat one of each type and do it BEFORE mixing!
- Discover ALL of the traits – Discovering traits gives you insight into the potions you will be making and also gains you quite a bit of experience! Do this before making the same potion over and over for leveling.
- Make the same potions – While you’re leveling if you are looking to just get inspiration, the same two reagent plants will level you from 1-50 which you can find in lower level zone! You just need to upgrade your waters
Gather at Night! – Keen Eye will allow you to see reagent plants from far away.
Elder Scrolls Online Blacksmith Crafting Skill Guide
Allows the creation of metal weapons such as swords, maces, daggers, and axes, as well as the creation of all Heavy Armor. Tons of players will need Heavy Armor of different styles, sizes, etc. As far as style demand and popularity, the Imperial and Deadric are at the top! Having the Racial styles available for sale or trade can be very profitable!
Raw Ore is used in the creation of blacksmithing pieces and can be located all around Tamriel. They are generally zone-specific, and you will only find one or two types of ore in each zone. Ore can be found on the tops of mountains, in caves, between rocks and many other places. Raw ore must be refined in stacks of 10, and give you ingots and sometimes other materials for Blacksmithing.
Finding a Crafting Station
Blacksmithing Stations are found in towns & cities and have anvil symbol on flags outside station and on the map.
Refining gathered ore is the first step in creating your crafted pieces! It requires 10 ore for each refinement and yields metal bars and sometimes other useful items for Blacksmithing! You can refine materials from your bag or from your bank. Creating and deconstructing items gives you inspiration.
Creating Heavy Armor and weapons requires metal bars and a style material. The more bars you use the higher the level, armor, and values. You will choose the type of weapon or armor, its bar type and amount, the style material to define its look, as well as the trait material for special properties.
Deconstruct old weapons & armor into usable items! Click the item you want to deconstruct and hit interact. This destroys the item and gives you base materials for use in creating new items.
Improvements will increase the quality and look of the gear from average to amazing. Improvements do not have a level requirement at all, so a blacksmith can increase the quality of any item. There is a risk, however, as improvement takes multiple improvement materials to complete and the chance goes up the more materials you use. These materials cannot be farmed or gathered in the field, they are earned by deconstructing, and can be sent to you by a hireling. This is one way Blacksmiths make their money from external sources.
Research & discover traits. Traits you learn can be added to weapons and armor that you create later on in the game. Researching traits requires the specific piece of gear that you want to learn the trait from to be destroyed in order to understand it’s properties. This take quite a bit of time. Each trait piece takes takes more and more time, starting at 6 hours. This time is real time and will continue whether you are logged on or off. You can reduce these times with skills that allow more than one research at a time.
Early Crafting Skillpoint Allocation:
If you would like to start crafting as soon as possible while leveling, here are some must-have skills. After taking your initial survival skills, place points into the following to get going:
- Keen Eye: 1 / 3 – To start seeing ore better!
- Miner Hireling: 1/3 – To get blacksmithing stuff sent to your mail!
- Metallurgy: 1/3 – To get research times down and do multiple research at one!
- Metal Extraction: 1/ 3 – To get the most out of extraction
Rank 1: Use of Iron Ingots
Keen Eye: Ore:
Rank 1: Spot Ore 20 meters away
Rank 1: Miner Hireling will send ore and possibly other items every day
Rank 1: Improves chance of extracting ingredients
Rank 1: Reduces research time by 5% and allows research of 2 items
Rank 1: Increases chance of improving items with tempers
- SAVE YOUR GEAR! – Even bound gear can be deconstructed or used in researching traits!
- Buy UNREFINED materials – Refining ore gives you ingots but it also has a possibility of giving you improvement and style materials.
- Research! – Decide what traits you want to research first and plan it out! It takes a long time to research all the traits for a profession.
- Gather at Night! – With Keen Eye you will see ore from a long distances.
Elder Scrolls Online Clothing Crafting Skill Guide
The creation of magical robes and light armor, as well as leather medium armor are found in being a clothier. Altmer, Breton and Deadric armor are the most popular and always in high demand
You’ll find the plants in grassy areas, around trees, growing in ruins, and other places. You’ll find hides off of monsters, and Daedra! Raw fibrous plants & hides must be refined in stacks of 10, and give you bolts of cloth and sometimes other materials for Clothing.
List of plants and leathers:
|Raw Jute||Rawhide Scraps||Raw Flax||Hide Scraps||Raw Cotton||Leather Scraps||Raw Spidersilk||Thick Leather||Raw Ebonthread|
|Fell Hide||Raw Kreshwood||Topgrain Hide||Raw Ironweed||Iron Hide Scraps||Silverweed||Scaled Hide||Viod Bloom||Shadowhide Scraps|
Finding a Station
Clothing Crafting Stations in towns and cities have thread and scissors symbol on flags outside the station and on the map.
Refining gathered fibrous plants & hides is the first step in creating amazing pieces! It requires 10 plants for each refinement and yields cloth and sometimes other useful items for Clothing! You can refine materials from your bag or from your bank.
Creation of Materials
Creating Light and Medium Armor requires cloth and a style material. The more cloth you use the higher the level, armor, and values goes. You choose the type of armor, its cloth type and amount, the style material to define its look, as well as the trait material to make the weapon have special properties.
Another way to gather materials is to deconstruct old or useless armor into usable materials! Click the item you want to deconstruct and hit the interact button. This destroys the item and provides some of its base materials for use in creating new items. With the proper skills, a clothier has an increased chance of extracting these materials from items.
Improvements will increase the quality and look of the gear from average to amazing. These improvements do not have a level requirement, so a clothier can increase the quality of any clothing item. As improvement takes multiple improvement materials to complete, the chance goes up the more materials you use. These materials cannot be farmed or gathered, they are random drops, found in chests, earned by deconstructing, and can be sent to you by a hireling.
The skills for Clothing that you can place points in to enhance the craft include Tailoring which is the only required skill to raise Clothing to max level. There are many other skills that improve and enhance the profession.
Early Crafting Skillpoint Allocation
If you would like to start crafting as soon as possible while leveling, here are some must-have skills: After taking your initial survival skills, place points into the following to get started. Keep putting points into these 4 skills in order as you level Clothing, together with your regular combat skills!
- Keen Eye: 1 / 3 – To see better
- Outfitter Hireling: 1/3 – To get Clothing stuff sent to you
- Stitching: 1/3 – Lower research times and do multiple research at once
- Unraveling: 1/ 3 – Get the most from extraction
List of Clothing Skills and Descriptions
Rank 1: Use of Jute and Hide
Keen Eye: Cloth:
Rank 1: See Fibrous Plants from 20 meters or closer
Rank 1: Hireling will send cloth and possibly other items every day
Rank 1: Improves chance of extracting ingredients
Rank 1: Reduces research time by 5% & allows research of 2 items
Rank 1: Increases chance of improving items with tannins
ESO Clothing Tips:
- SAVE YOUR GEAR! – Even bound gear can be deconstructed or used in researching traits.
- Buy UNREFINED materials – Refining raw plant produces cloth, also possible improvement & style materials.
- Research! – Decide what traits you want to research first It’s time consuming to research all traits.
- Gather at Night! – Keen Eye will allow you to see the fibrous plants from a very far away
Elder Scrolls Online Enchanting Crafting Skill Guide
The opportunity to gain profit from enchanting is high!
Enchanting is used to imbue items with different magic effects, both defensive, offensive and for skill enhancements. Every player in going to need enchants! There are many great enchants for both PvP and PvE and players will almost always need or want them. With the right skills in enchanting maxed, you will be able to make very powerful glyphs!
Runestones are used in the creation of glyphs and can be found in all zones in Tamriel and seem to be randomly looted! Runestones nodes in the world will have a generic title, such as “Potency Rune” and the rune is randomly generated of that rune type when you gather. This system dictates that runes are not zone specific, and you will find runes higher or lower than your crafting level randomly.
Creation of Glyphs
Creating Glyphs requires one of each rune type, potency, essence, and aspect to be combined together. These runes need to be translated to discover their effects, and there are many combinations possible. The individual runes are what control level, quality, stats and potency of the glyphs.
Discover, fuse and translate
As you combine runes you will translate their language into something you can understand. Once you have translated a rune, you know that word permanently. There are many runes and translations to discover! You also receive inspiration for translating runes
Extraction of glyphs
Extracting glyphs will give you materials to create new glyphs! Extracting will not always give you the exact same materials used in their creation, however you can place points into skills that will increase the chance to extract these materials.
Aspect Improvement and Potency Improvement which are the only required skills to raise Enchanting to max level and create all of the glyphs. There are many other skills that improve and enhance the profession as well.
If you would like to start crafting as soon as possible while leveling, here are some must-have skills:
After taking your initial survival skills, place points into the following to get started. Keep putting points into these two skills in order as you level Enchanting, together with your regular combat skills.
- Keen Eye: 1/3 – To start seeing runestones better
- Hireling: 1/3 – To get Enchanting delivered sent to your mailbox
List of Enchanting Skills and Descriptions
Rank 1: use Jora, Porade, Jode, & Notade Potency Runestones to make Glyphs of lvl 1-15
Rank 1: Increase chance of extracting Aspect Runestones by 5%
Rank 1: use of Common and Standard Aspect Runes
Keen Eye: Rune Stones:
Rank 1: Rune Stones easier to see from 20 meters
Rank 1: hireling will find Runestones once a day
MOST IMPORTANT: Stick with it. Even though it is a really slow leveling process, the glyphs that you make are level locked, meaning you can only use them when you reach a certain level. For example, the first potency rune, Jora, is used for glyphs levels 1-10. Porade, the second potency rune, covers level 5-15. A player cannot use a glyph created with the Porade rune unless he is at least level 5. This means that even though your enchanting level is low, your character level can be much higher.
ALSO IMPORTANT: The Potency Improvement passives, which are the required passives to create better runes, are set at low levels. For example, you only need to have level 10 enchanting to make runes for the levels up to 35! Therefore it’s ok if your enchanting level is only 1/3 of your character level, because that’s all you need! Also, after Potency Improvement rank III, there is no level requirement for rank IV other than having rank III, and so on (so at enchanting level 10, you can create the best glyphs in the game)! You’re at enchanting level 8, so you can make glyphs for characters up to level 25!
- If you ever need runestones, you can either buy them fairly cheap from merchants, or you can spend a little extra to get a couple of glyphs, the deconstruct those glyphs
- If you have extra runes and you buy the type that you are missing (like aspect runes), you can use runes you already have to make glyphs, and sell those glyphs to the merchant to purchase more runes!
- If you buy glyphs, after you deconstruct them you can always re-make them and sell them back, using that gold (plus some extra) to buy more glyphs.
Elder Scrolls Online Provisioning Crafting Guide
Profitability: Very High
Provisioners are the chefs of Elder Scrolls Online. Crafting food and beverages that restores the character, or buffs up an ability. Food buffs are something everyone will need, obviously. There are lots of great foods for both PvP and PvE and with the correct skills in provisioning maxed, you will make very powerful food and drink items.
Gathering materials for provisioning is a bit different from the other professions as they are not just found around the world like the others. You need to rob, pillage and steal everything you can find! In crates, baskets, boxes, tables, drawers, everything. If you can open it and it belongs to an NPC, there is probably something in it for you. Hirelings will also help you up to twice a day and deliver stolen food items to you. 🙂
Finding a Station
Provisioning stations are usually shown on the map with a stone oven icon. You can find them in or near taverns and eateries. Provisioning stations are identified by a cooking fire, a pot and some kind of food cooking over a fire.
Recipes are found in various places around Tamriel like chests, drawers, and desks, and seem to be totally random. What you can cook is directly influenced by what recipes you have discovered. The higher-level higher quality recipes give much more inspiration. There is no deconstructing food items.
Recipe Quality and Recipe Improvement are the only required skills to raise Provisioning to max level and create all the food and drinks. There are plenty of other skills that improve and enhance the profession:
If you would like to start crafting as soon as possible while leveling; After taking your initial survival skills, place points into: Hireling: 1/3 – To get Provisioning stuff sent to your mail
Full List of Provisioning Skills and Descriptions:
- Rank 1: Allows the making of up to level 19 Recipes.
- Rank 2: Allows the making of up to level 29 Recipes.
- Rank 3: Allows the making of up to level 39 Recipes.
- Rank 4: Allows the making of up to level 49 Recipes.
- Rank 5: Allows the making of up to level 50 Recipes.
- Rank 6: Allows the making of up to level Veteran Recipes.
- Rank 1: Allows the use of Standard (white) Recipes.
- Rank 2: Allows the use of Difficult (blue) Recipes.
- Rank 2: Allows the use of Complex (purple) Recipes.
- Rank 1: Adds 5 minutes to the duration of any eaten food.
- Rank 2: Adds 10 minutes to the duration of any eaten food.
- Rank 3: Adds 20 minutes to the duration of any eaten food.
- Rank 1: Adds 5 minutes to the duration of any consumed drink.
- Rank 2: Adds 10 minutes to the duration of any consumed drink.
- Rank 3: Adds 20 minutes to the duration of any consumed drink.
- Rank 1: Creates 1 extra serving for each food recipe made.
- Rank 2: Creates 1 extra serving for each food recipe made.
- Rank 3: Creates 1 extra serving for each food recipe made.
- Rank 1: Creates 1 extra serving for each drink recipe made.
- Rank 2: Creates 1 extra serving for each drink recipe made.
- Rank 3: Creates 1 extra serving for each drink recipe made.
- Rank 1: When you go offline, a hireling will find Food or Drink ingredients for you.
- Rank 2: When you go offline, a hireling will find Food or Drink ingredients for you. Your hireling has a higher chance of returning Spices or Flavorings.
- Rank 3: When you go offline, a hireling will find Food or Drink ingredients for you. Your hireling has a higher chance of returning Spices or Flavorings. Your hireling can be used every 12 hours.
- Loot EVERYTHING: Recipes and Provisioning materials are specifically looted from containers, boxes, crates, barrels, drawers, chests, etc throughout Tamriel. You really must loot everything to get the required materials and recipes for progression.
Elder Scrolls Online Woodworking Crafting Guide
Profitability for woodworkers is moderate
Woodworkers craft staves and bows of various styles and stats, as well as the shields that we carry into battle. Lots of players will need Wooden Weapons and Shields. Imperial and Deadric style are most in demand.
Gathering raw wood
Raw wood can be found throughout the zones in Tamriel. They are usually zone-specific, and you will only find one or two types of wood per zone. You’ll find them next to trees, in fields, near ruins, on beaches and in caves or caverns. Raw Wood must be refined in stacks of 10, and gives you Sanded Wood and sometimes other materials for Woodworking. The current list of wood is (in order of item level)
Finding a Station
Stations are in towns and cities and identified by a hammer and angle symbol on flags. There are also special Set Woodworking Stations located throughout the world that allow you to craft items with special set bonus. These special set stations require multiple traits to be unlocked for the various pieces of woodworking gear.
Refining raw wood
Refining gathered wood requires 10 pieces of raw wood for each refinement and yields sanded wood and sometimes other useful items for Woodworking. You can refine materials from your bag or from your bank. Refining does not give you any inspiration but creating and deconstructing items do.
Creation of items
Creating wooden weapons and shields requires sanded wood and a style material. The more wood you use the higher the level, armor/damage, and values goes. You choose the type of item, its wood type and amount, the style material for its look, and the trait material to make the item have special properties.
Deconstruction and extraction
Deconstruct old armor into usable materials – Click the item you want to deconstruct and hit the interact button. This destroys the item and provides some of its base materials for you to use for creating new items. With the correct skills, woodworkers have an increased chance of extracting materials from items.
Improvement of gear
A woodworker can improve already crafted gear. These improvements do not have a level requirement of any kind, so a woodworker can increase the quality of ANY woodworking item. Improvement takes multiple improvement materials to complete and the chance goes up the more materials you use. These materials cannot be farmed or gathered, they are earned by deconstructing, and can be sent to you by a hireling.
Research – simultaneous researching
Discovery of traits – Traits can be added to weapons and shields that you create in the future! Researching traits requires the specific piece of gear that you want to learn the trait from to be destroyed in order to understand it’s properties. Each trait in a particular piece takes increasing time starting at 6 hours. This time is real time and will continue whether you are logged on or off. You can reduce these times with skills that allow more than one research at a time.
Early Crafting Skill point Allocation
If you would like to start crafting as soon as possible while leveling, here are some must-have skills. After taking your initial survival skills, keep putting points into these 4 skills in order as you level Woodworking, together with your regular combat skills:
- Keen Eye: 1 / 3 – To start seeing wood better
- Lumberjack Hireling: 1/3 – To get Woodworking stuff sent to your mail
- Carpentry: 1/3 – To get research times down and do multiple research at one
- Wood Extracting: 1/ 3 – To get the most out of extraction
List Of Woodworking Skills and Descriptions
Rank 1: use of Sanded Maple
Rank 1: Increases chance of improving items with resins
Keen Eye: Wood:
Rank 1: Spot Wood when you are 20 meters or closer
Rank 1: Improves chance of extracting Woodworking ingredients
Rank 1: Lumberjack Hireling will send wood and possibly other items every day
Rank 1: Reduces research time by 5% and allows research of 2 items
- SAVE YOUR GEAR – Even bound gear can be deconstructed or used in researching traits
- Buy UNREFINED Refining raw wood produces sanded wood and a chance for improvement & style materials.
- Research – Decide what traits you want to research first. Have an order to your research
- Gather at Night – With Keen Eye you will see wood from a very far away.
Elder Scrolls Online Crafting & Economy Facts, Tips & Tricks:
- Several crafting disciplines allow you to contract a hireling by spending points in a skill. That hireling will send you a steady supply of useful materials and updates on his or her adventures.
- Anyone can harvest materials, but only those that invest points into crafting skills will learn how to get the most benefit from resource refinements and item deconstruction.
- Crafters can learn how to spot resources in the world at great distances that would be overlooked by those with less training.
- There are secret crafting stations hidden throughout the world. Rumor has it that powerful set bonuses can only be imparted to items when they are crafted in those locations.
- There are 15 different racial styles for smiths to learn! Racial styles can be learned from special books found through exploring and adventuring.
- With the right tempers, tannins, or resins, a smith can improve an item all the way to legendary quality. Smiths who spend points in their skills will have a better chance to improve gear with these boosters than those who don’t.
- Make sure to talk to NPCs. Some may have Provisioning recipes to share.
- Alchemists can discover the first of four properties of an ingredient by sampling it. The others must be discovered through experimentation while creating potions.
- Using the right ingredients, an alchemist can make extremely powerful potions with multiple beneficial effects. We think everyone who wants to do battle in Cyrodiil will want to know a good alchemist.
- The language developed for Enchanting is based on syllables that have their own meanings. Each runestone has the symbol for its syllable etched on it, and each glyph (combination of three runestones) has its own pronunciation.
Hidden Crafting Stations – Click Here
Crafting & Economy Tips:
- In ESO you can sell your items to NPC vendors, via Guild Shops if you join one or more guilds and by offering your merchandise to other players in open chat.
- The same bank storage is shared by all characters of the same account. Starting bank size has 60 slots, but it can be upgraded.
- You can gather 6 types of materials from the world: provisioning reagents, cloth, ore, wood, runes and herbs. All raw resources are found in Tamriel, except provisioning reagents that can be found in crates and barrels.
- Raw materials can be processed (smelt ore, cut wood, weave fabrics) in the “Extraction” tab. Stacks of 10 are required, returns a maximum amount of 10 bars/wood/fabric.
- You can experience from both crafting and breaking items.
- If you are not a Provisioner, searching barrels and crates might not interest you. Trunks, urns, desks, nightstands and backpacks can contain recipes, style books, style components and other things.
- While you’re leveling it’s a good idea to loot everything. If you can’t use some of the items you can at least sell them to vendors for some extra gold.
- You can store crafting materials in the bank. They won’t take Inventory space and you can use them in crafting stations straight from the bank.
- Store your refined crafting mats in the bank, but since you’ll be picking up more, keep the raw mats on your person.
- There are some crafting stations hidden in remote areas where you can craft special gear with set bonuses. In order to use them you have to research 2 traits for an item so you can craft a set version of it. Each set has 3 pieces.
- The “Keen Eye” crafting skills can help you spot crafting materials easier in your surrounding environment.
- You can find cooking recipes in dressers and other containers.
- Unlocked chests and trunks may contain Racial Motifs Books. These can be used to create new styles of weapons and armor.
- You can break armor and weapons via crafting and learn the patterns for traits. Research time is lengthy and doubles every time you learn a new trait. The first research period is 6 hrs, the next one for the same item is 12 hrs and so on. Research time goes on even when your character is offline.
- Resource nodes can be spotted much easier if you lower graphics settings, especially if you turn off grass and shadows and depth of field.
- You can craft tier 1 items without investing skill points in crafting professions.
- To craft tier 2 items you have to spend 1 skill point in the related profession.
- If you eat an alchemy ingredient, one of its properties will be revealed. It works only once.
Exploration & Gathering:
- After you visit a Wayshrine you can travel back to it from anywhere on the map. You can do that by opening the map (“M” key) and clicking on that Wayshrine icon on the map. You will pay a small gold fee. If you go to a Wayshrine and interact with it you can travel to another one for free.
- There are many unlocked chests in the tutorial area. Searching them can get you gold, gear and lockpicks. Crates, barrels and urns are phased per player. They hold crafting ingredients and recipes.
- It’s very useful to keep some lockpicks on you, always! You can find them in boxes, chests, drawers and wardrobes or simply buy them from NPC merchants.
- Locked chests are mainly found in the coastline areas.
- Dungeons chest loot is not instanced per player. Others can steal your loot. The loot in dungeon chests can be superior to dungeons boss loot.
- You can come across lots of hidden quests while exploring the map.
- Areas on the map marked by a skull and cross-bones are veteran areas. They have extremely tough mobs and are difficult to complete without a group.
- Sometimes speaking to a random NPC can reveal new locations on your map.
- “Heavy bags” have a chance of containing crafting materials up to legendary tempers. They disappear after looting.
You can harvest from any source for the materials you need to craft without first taking a gathering profession. This allows great flexibility in creating and leveling items for your chosen craft professions. There will be plenty of ESO crafting guides available after launch. Until then, here’s a small guide which contains everything we know so far. Be sure to bookmark this page as it will be updated regularly. Gathering places are spread throughout Tamriel and there is a huge range of items for use in crafting or for selling. Many materials can be found in containers, chests, and on killed enemies. Loot everything!
- Fibrous Plants: Fibrous plants can be woven into bolts of cloth and provide the player with materials for creating light armor.
- Reagent Plants: Reagent Plants are ground into reagents and provides the player with materials for creating various potions.
- Water Sources: Solvent water can be found in the lakes and rivers across Tamriel, as well as water skins in various humanoid camps and structures and is used in creating potions of various qualities.
- Hides and Leather: Taken from slain beasts and other enemies, Hides and Leather are used to craft Medium Armor with various properties.
- Minerals: Found primarily near rocks or cliffs as well as in caves/mines, minerals are used to create metal items for blacksmithing.
- Foodstuffs: Ingredients for provisioning are found all over Tamriel in different containers, at marketplaces, and also in homes! Loot crates, barrels, drawers, everything you can!
- Wood: Found in wooded/lush areas, caves, as well as on beaches (driftwood), raw wood is used for woodworking in the creation of staves, shields, and bows.
- Runes: Runes are small stones with glowing shards in them found mostly in ruins, temples, and along roads. Used in the creation of glyphs.
FULL CRAFTING RESOURCE GUIDES
The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Guide you choose will be your primary resource, why not be positive it contains the complete and accurate information you need? We are recommending mastery crafting guides based on personal experience and lots of great feedback from users and members. So much more than just guides, they are a complete resource for anything and everything you need to know regardless of your profession.