Tamriel’s most ghoulish gala returns! Put monsters to the sword to receive ghastly goodies and double XP during the Witches Festival in-game event!
A FRIGHTFUL FETE
The Witches Festival begins next Thursday, October 22 at 10:00AM EDT, and will run until Tuesday, November 3 at 10:00AM EST. Throughout this terror-filled term, you can receive repulsive rewards in the form of spoopy Plunder Skull containers, a 100% XP boost, Event Tickets, and collectibles.
To take part in this ghoulish gala:
- Navigate to the Holiday section of the Crown Store and acquire the free quest.
- Complete the quest “The Witchmother’s Bargain” to receive the Witchmother’s Whistle memento.
- If you completed the quest in previous events, you don’t need to acquire the Witchmother’s Whistle or complete the quest again, and you can use the whistle already found in your Collections menu.
- Use the whistle to receive a two-hour 100% XP buff and summon the “Witchmother’s Cauldron.”
- Use the Witchmother’s Cauldron to transform your character into one of the undead.
- Note that you do not have to use the Witchmother’s Cauldron to gain the XP buff, just the whistle. The Cauldron cannot be summoned in Cyrodiil.
Gah! The Witches Festival has returned!
EARN EERIE ENDOWMENTS
During the Witches Festival, when you defeat a boss monster, you’ll receive a Plunder Skull in addition to its regular loot. These creepy containers have a chance to award you with the following items:
- New Pieces of the Throwing Bones memento
- Combine 10 pieces to craft this collectible
- Hollowjack style items
- Dremora style items
- Witches Festival-themed recipes
- Witchest Festival-themed furnishings and furnishing recipes
- Bewitching Alchemy reagents
- …and an assortment of creepy items!
But hold on to your (witches) hats, there’s more! The first time you slay each different type of boss each day, you’ll receive a Dremora Plunder Skull. This reward contains the same kind of items in the regular Plunder Skulls, but has some additional rewards, too. Here’s what you have a chance to find in Dremora Plunder Skulls:
- Dremora Motif chapters
- Witches Festival Writs
- Complete these writs to unlock an Achievement that’ll earn you a new Witch hat collectible AND the “Witch” title!
- Glenmoril Treasure Maps
- Use the map to find Glenmoril Weapon Style pages scattered all over Tamriel
- Glenmoril Armor Outfit Style pages
- NEW Grave Dancer Weapon Style pages
Earn a menacing new weapon style
Depending on the type of boss you defeat, you’ll receive one of two different Dremora Motif pages:
- Final Arena Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Bows and Legs
- Dark Anchor, Geyser Bosses, Craglorn Focus Points, Harrowstorms, and zone Dragons drop Dremora Motif pages for Daggers and Gloves
- Delve Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Staves and Belts
- Final Dungeon Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Helmets and Maces
- Public Dungeon, Imperial City Bosses, and Quest Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Shields and Boots
- Final Trial Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Swords and Chests
- World Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Shoulders and Axes
Whether you’re clearing Harrowstorms, exploring the Labyrinthian public dungeon, or hunting down Hordrek’s savage werewolf pack, you’ll earn these bonus rewards for slaying Tamriel’s monsters throughout the event period.
During the Witches Festival, the first time a boss drops a Dremora Plunder Skull each day, it’ll also drop three Event Tickets—don’t forget to loot it. This event also introduces the final Indrik evolution, the Crimson Indrik.
Light up Tamriel with the Crimson Indrik!
Throughout the event, the Impresario will also stock the following items for Event Tickets:
- All four Indrik Feathers
- The first two Crimson Indrik Berries (Budding and Bloom)
- Group Repair Kits
- The Throw Bones memento
- Grave Dancer Weapon Style pages
- NEW Grab Bags!
What are Grab Bags? These curious containers have a chance to contain a collectible from a previous Witches Festival event. When you open a Grab Bag, it will only ever contain items you don’t already own or know, and once you’ve acquired every possible item within them, they’ll no longer be available for purchase. Be sure to open each bag and remove its items as soon as you acquire it (to avoid duplicate items from subsequent bags).
If you have acquired every collectible but still have Grab Bags to open, they’ll contain Group Repair Kits instead—useful! For this event, a Grab Bag can contain Hollowjack Motif pages, the Skeletal Marionette memento, Apple-bobbing Cauldron fragments, and the Spectre Mask collectibles.
CROWN STORE DEALS
Nightmare Firestalker Cub pet & Sister Gellenna houseguest
To grab some crowns and pick up these items, head over to the Crown Store page. For everything coming to the Crown Store in October, including even more creepy collectibles, check out our recent Crown Store Showcase.
A GHOULISH GALA
Revel in Tamriel’s spookiest celebration and enjoy bonus XP and rewards for slaying all the things that go bump in the night. Are you excited to take part in the Witches Festival? Let us know via @TESOnline, Instagram, and Facebook—boo!
The Witches Festival begins Thursday, October 22 at 10:00AM EDT, and will run until Tuesday, November 3 at 10:00AM EST. Part of our #TamrielTogether celebration, the Witches Festival is the next event in a series of end-of-year events coming to The Elder Scrolls Online.